I love tacos, this is the recipe that we use when we make them.
Serves: Approx 5 people; 3 tacos each.
About 1kilo mince (preferrably low fat)
12-15 Taco Shells
Block of cheese
Electric frying pan or just a normal frying pan
spatula (to stir and cook mince)
Chopping Knife **Get an adult to help you with chopping**
1. Preheat your oven to 180ºC/350ºF. Also heat your frypan. You'll need it in step 5.
2. Finely chop your desired amount of garlic (you don't need much) on the chopping board. Make sure you make it very fine. Just leave the garlic to one side of the board, the other side will be for the onion.
3. Slice about half an onion the same way: finely.
4. Defrost the mince in the microwave.
5. When your onion has all been chopped and is ready, put a tiny bit of oil in the frypan (the mince has it's own natural oils) and put in the onion. Stir it around for a minute. Then put in the mince.
6. Use the spatula to stir the mince and break it up, cook til brown.
7. Put in the garlic and continue to stir.
8. Add the taco seasoning to the mince as directed by the packet. Stir.
9. Turn the heat down to simmer, stirring occaionally. Put the lid on the frypan.
10. Grate cheese and chop some lettuce and tomato if you like.
11. Put all your taco shells on a baking tray and put in the oven. Cook for about 5 minutes. Check them regually.
12. Serve with toppings; taco sauce, cheese, lettuce ect.