Web Owner Interviews
Each week I will interview a web designer and ask them about website, graphics ect. This week's interviewee is Sophie from Dancing In Misery (she also used to own Glitter Swirl)
1. When did you first start making websites? May 28th 2004 when I was 13 and I started off on lame Matmice ha ha.
2. What is your favourite type of doll? meh not really digging the whole doll stuff right now, but probably candybars.
3. When you go to a website, what's the first thing you look at content wise? I look at the layout to see if it amazes me 0_0
4. What are your 5 favourite websites? Ha this shall be easy, www.juvenilecasualty.net , www.juvenilecasualty.net/cocaine, www.ignite.nu, funwhenbored.com, www.smash3d.net
5. What tips do you have to kids starting out making graphics and websites: Well I think you should spend your days staring at patterns and stuff, like look at colorful stuff.. for eg. a funky pair of converses you can get BIG inspiration from small stuff like that, also NEVER I repeat NEVER steal graphics, css from anyone it will not do ANYTHING for your skills and you'll just end up making your self look like an idiot.
1. When did you first start making websites? I first started making websites when i was 7 after reading an issue of k-zone I saw a page called matmice.com and made quite a few pages. I don't recommend matmice to anyone starting a site.
2. What is your favourite type of doll? My favourite type of doll would be Shuni's because they are a mix of Uniques and Designers.
3. When you go to a website, what's the first thing you look at content wise? The first thing I look at is the signs they have and their layout.
4. What are your 5 favourite websites? Well, I will give 5 doll and 5 blog/grpahic sites:
http://funwhenbored.com <-- ofcourse.
5. What tips do you have to kids starting out making graphics and websites: I think that everyone should try it in their own style and try coming up with original ideas. Do not steal from anyone because that will make people dislike you which could make your public viewers just stop coming to your website. Take your time and maybe start at http://freewebs.com